Re: Regridding/interpolation

Glenn,

	I haven't worked this out in any way, but it occurs to me that you
could do something very similar to how ferret handles sigma-coordinate
date.

	In sigma coordinate data, you have data in levels, and you have
the thickness of each level. You define a depth function that is the sum
of these thicknesses and then I define a new axis that has the resolution
I want and regrid using zaxreplace. So maybe something like:

let depth=h[k=@rsum]-0.5*h
define axis/z=0:200:10/depth/unit=meters zdepth
let varD=ZAXREPLACE(var,depth,z[gz=zdepth]

Could be adapted, where depth would be replaced by pressure. You already
have a pressure variable, so if you define a "regular" pressure z-axis:

define axis/z=0:1000:10/depth/unit=decibars zpres
let trd=ZAXREPLACE(tr,pressure,z[gz=zpres])

Give it a try, this method is likely to require modification for your
case.

	Mark