Re: headless vectors?

Hi Billy,

Have a look at the scripts
    % Fgo -more scattered_vectors
and
    % Fgo -more centered_vectors
which uses the first

This is an example of a completely "manual" way to create vectors. In
centered_vectors.jnl we create vectors where the grid point is at the middle of the
vector shaft rather than at the "feather" end of the arrow. A slight hack on this script
could easily produce vectors without arrow heads. (scattered vectors.jnl actually has an
input option to suppress the vector heads.

Note that these are fairly old scripts -- they involve writing the data to an
intermediate file. I strongly suspect that Ferret V5 (& higher) can perform the same
function without the intermediate file.

    - steve

--

                |  NOAA/PMEL               |  ph. (206) 526-6080
Steve Hankin    |  7600 Sand Point Way NE  |  FAX (206) 526-6744