plot buffer exceeded

Hi Fellow Ferrets,

I need some help!

I am using ferret to plot some noaa satellite imagery.  When i try to
"shade" a large amount of image data, ferret returns the following
message:

**ERROR: a program limit has been reached: 1040800 points to plot
          Plot buffer size is: 990000

I did try to increase the amount of memory available to ferret using the
-memsize command line argument, but to no effect.  Is there some way of
increasing the plot buffer size to fulfil my image plotting requests or
is this a hard coded constraint?

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

mark