How (can one?) does one pass coordinate info to a label commandwithin a go file?

I'm trying to make a go file to map out numbered base sites, but
the label command doesn't seem to accept coordinate info as passed
variables, ie I'm trying:

eg:
go labp xcoord ycoord label

..
label  360+$2  1+$1 0 0 0.3 @P9$3

and nothing shows up (and no error message). Again, as you probably
all know by now, I'm running on RH linux 6.0. The text label gets
passed okay (ie if I set the coordinates within the go file, it works
okay). Also, I've noted that all the go files included with ferret
use label only with /nouser, which wouldn't be of use for me.

thanks

Lev Tarasoff -  Dept of Physics, University of Toronto,
                60 St. George St., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA, M5S 1A7
                Tel (416)-946-3019  Fax (416)-978-8905
                email: lev@atmosp.physics.utoronto.ca