Re: How to define specific value for BAD?

Hi Daniel,

Ferret does not allow you to impose the missing value flag.  The SET
VARIABLE/BAD= qualifier merely allows you to inform Ferret of missing value
flags for a variable to be read from a file.

You can replace all of the missing values in a variable with zeros using the
function
    MISSING(var, 0.0)
however, if the resulting variable is SAVEd to a netCDF file, the
missing_value (and _FillValue) attribute in that file will still be a value
that is inherited from the definition, typically -1.0E+34.

Work-around:

   * Use MISSING(var,0) to define your variable. Write it to a netCDF file.
     Then when you read the data back with Ferret you can use
     SET VARIABLE/BAD=

    - steve

--

                |  NOAA/PMEL               |  ph. (206) 526-6080
Steve Hankin    |  7600 Sand Point Way NE  |  FAX (206) 526-6744