Re: does 'set memory' work on Linux?

Hi Lev,

The error message indicates that Ferret thinks it will needing 2.8 gigawords
of memory -- probably a problem regardless of SET MEMORY.

I suspect the problem is due to limits that have not been madeexplicit
somewhere -- particularly if you are using an external function (A number of
improvements in passing region limits to the arguments of external functions
have been made SINCE version 5.00 was released).

If you are using an external function try making the limits of the arguments
explicit -- e.g.

    LET series_fft = FUNCTION(argument[x=lo:hi, y=lo:hi, T=lo:hi])

This is particularly critical on the T limits of an FFT function -- note
that the T=0:0.1 will NOT be passed to "argument" under any circumstances.
Instead they will apply to the *result* of the FFT function, which is on a
frequency axis.

Also, please have a look at the Users Guide sections on memory management --
http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/Users_Guide/v50/ferret_index.html#M

    - steve

Please follow up offline if you have further discussion.

--

                |  NOAA/PMEL               |  ph. (206) 526-6080
Steve Hankin    |  7600 Sand Point Way NE  |  FAX (206) 526-6744