Passing variables

Hi,

How can one use calculated values for the
limits of integration (e.g. the hi,lo in VAR[Z=lo:hi@din]) ?

As an example I have a routine that calculates the pycnocline depth ("Dep")
at a particular location and I want to calculate the steric height
which involves integrating from Dep to the surface.

If I type
let pressure = density[Z=0:Dep@iin]
I get a  syntax error.

If I just list DEP, and then type in the number, there is no
such problem.

However, that is not a satisfying solution.

Is there a way to get ferret to expand this correctly, i.e.
use the value in the variable Dep, as one of the limits ?

Any help appreciated

Sincerely,

Halldor

Halldor Bjornsson,
Program in Atmosphere and Ocean Science &
Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory
Princeton University, Princeton, NJ USA
email: hnb@gfdl.gov