Re: Ferret on Window 98

Pam,

Nothing special needs to be done to make ferret run on Windows 98. I would
try
uninstalling and then reinstalling Ferret, and then check carefully for
error messages
from the installation. The fact that the command window appears
and then disappears quickly leads me to believe that something went wrong
with the
installation.

A couple of other possibilities:

1) Do you have adequate disk space (around 40MB free)?
2) Ferret may not work properly if installed on a shared disk. It should be
installed separately