Standard input and ferret

Hello,

A colleague of mine tried to run ferret in a script so that the standard
input would be read from the script through what is called a here
document.  Basically, he did something like this (Bourne shell syntax):

for i in 17 32 45
do
ferret <<END
go script.$i.jnl
quit
END
done

When I try to run this with ferret v5.00 beta 1.1, I get the yes?
prompt, the go command is not executed and I cannot type anything.  I
have to kill ferret from another window.  If I use v4.91, though, it
works perfectly.  Is there any trick that needs to be done to make it
work with version 5.0 beta 1.1 or is this a bug ?  I tried also with the
-batch command line option, but it did not help.  The problem occurs
using the SGI version compiled for IRIX 6.5.

Thanks,

--
Michel Béland                 beland@CERCA.UMontreal.CA
professionnel de recherche    tél: (514)369-5223  fax: (514)369-3880