Ferret Freeze-Up

Hi all,

Ferret is installed on our network running SGI IRIX
6.5.6.  Sometimes ferret freezes up in the middle of
running a journal file.  It usually freezes up on the
ppl fill command and the graphics window stays blank
white.  The only way to resolve the situation is to
Ctrl-Z to quit out of ferret and manually close the
graphics window.

I assume this should not be happening.  Is there some
installation setting that I can have my network
administrator check to clear this problem up.

Thanks,

Frank Schenk
Naval Postgraduate School