ask for UNIX expert

Hi,

I am sorry this time my problem is not about ferret, it is about ferret script files I wrote.

If you are an UNIX system expert, please do me a favor:

I deleted some important files with command "rm *.jnl" in my DEC workstation with UNIX operating
system. How to recover the deleted files from hard disk? Someone told me there is no way to
recover them unless you have backup files, is that true?

Thanks a lot,

Haijun