ferret with dods

    I am trying to use DODS with ferret witout succes. I have
downloaded  the release V500beta1.1
for irix6 and when i try to use the DODS example  on the page
http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/DODS/ferret_dods.html,
i have the following error:

<61:vortex>ferret
        NOAA/PMEL TMAP
        Program FERRET (V500beta1.1)
        Version 5.00 - 06/13/99
        20-Jan-00 12:24

yes? go dods_demo

!      *********************************************************
!        DEMO: Using Ferret and DODS to access remote data sets
!      *********************************************************

!      MAY '99 NOTE: THE DODS CAPABILITIES WILL BE CONTINUALLY
!      ENHANCED OVER THE NEXT MONTH OR SO. THIS DEMO WILL BE
!      MODIFIED TO REFLECT THE NEW CAPABILITIES. PLEASE CHECK
!      http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/DODS

! First we will examine the COADS climatology dataset from the Pacific
! Marine Environmental Laboratory (PMEL) in Seattle, Washington.

! Note:  Once the dataset has been initialized from the remote site,
!        using the dataset is exactly the same as if it were local

PAUSE
  Hit Carriage Return to continue

!      *********************************************************

go dods_pmel coads_climatology.nc
 ** netCDF error: NCSYSERR
is this a CDF file ?
SET DATA
"http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/nph-nc/data/coads_climatology.nc";
Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted
yes?

    It seems to be a problem with netcdf.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

                             Isabelle d'Ast