Re: [las_users] Increasing ferret's memory

Hi Bastian,
The script where Ferret is demanding so much memory,

   DEFINE SYMBOL data_num = `($data_var),RETURN=dsetnum`

is one of several scripts that have been changed in the upcoming LAS release, v7.3.  That release is due to be finalized very soon.  Could I ask you to try v7.3 with this dataset and let us know how it works. Such large amounts of memory shouldn't be needed for one timestep of data, of course.

Ansley

Kern, Bastian wrote:
Hi all,

I'm using an init script in LAS server v7.2 to convert data from model levels to pressure levels.
The server is complaining about insufficient memory for the ferret script (see attachment for debug output).
I tried to set the ferret properties in las.xml and also changed the hard-coded memsize in "FerretTool.java", but both didn't give me any change in memsize (see attachment --> say `($FERRET_MEMORY"6.4")` in init script).

How can I increase the memory for ferret?

This is what I have in las.xml:

   <properties>

      <product_server>
         <ui_timeout>20</ui_timeout>
         <ps_timeout>3600</ps_timeout>
         <use_cache>true</use_cache>
      </product_server>

      <ferret>
         <memsize>1024</memsize>
         <land_type>contour</land_type>
         <fill_type>fill</fill_type>
      </ferret>

   </properties>

Thanks,
Bastian Kern

Bastian Kern
Max Planck Institute for Chemistry, Mainz

c/o DLR - IPA, Oberpfaffenhofen
Muenchner Strasse 20
D-82234 Wessling, Germany

phone: +49-8153-28-2569
fax:   +49-8153-28-1841
mailto:bastian.kern@xxxxxxx

  **Please note the new address / phone number / fax number!**