Re: [las_users] LAS/F-TDS integration and Export to Desktop Application

Efren,

On 11/17/2010 03:24 PM, Serra, Mr. Efren, Contractor, Code 7542 wrote:
Folks,

I am having the following issue with the LAS v7.0.3 and THREDDS v4.1.9
integration and the Export to Desktop Application.  The INFO, DODS, and
DDS URLs generated are incorrect; for instance:

1. What is being generated:
http://www.usgodae.org/thredds/dodsC/las/gdem/data_www.usgodae.org_thred
ds_dodsC_las_gdem_tstdgdemv3s_zinvert_std_initialize.jnl_water_temp_stde
v.jnl.info

2. What it should be:
http://www.usgodae.org/thredds/dodsC/las/gdem/tstdgdemv3s.info

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

The way this is supposed to work is that when LAS starts up it writes a simple .jnl file into the data directory that you chose in the configuration process. And this data directory should be configured into your LAS catalog according to the instructions in the LAS/F-TDS integration document. The correct integration of the LAS and F-TDS is required in order to perform the calculations for when the "Apply Analysis" widget is active.

If this is configured correctly and if the Data Source and IOSP classes are correctly plugged into the TDS then the URLs that show up on the data scripts output should resolve and work correctly.

The reason why we expose this URL instead of the native URL has to do with the possibility that the LAS data set could be defined in LAS with an associated init_script which does something to repair the metadata in the file. And it is the repaired file that we could want external clients to access since the .jnl file that is exposed as the URL will include an invocation of the init_script needed to repair the metadata.

Now we are discouraging the use of init scripts since all the issues with inadequate metadata can be repaired using ncml in the TDS or by creating a F-TDS script and running the LAS off of URL with the augmented metadata from the ncml or F-TDS script eliminating the need for the init script there is no reason to use those URLs in the script output.

Soooo, that's a long explanation to tell you that you can just edit the $LAS_HOME/WebContent/productserver/templates/scripts.vm and change the references to $las_config.getFTDSURL($var) to $las_config.getDataAccessURL($var, false). If you edit it in $LAS_HOME then you need to redeploy or you can edit the file in the deployed servlet.

Roland
Efren A. Serra (Contractor)
DeVine Consulting, Inc.
Naval Research Laboratory