[las_users] - Poles...

Dear all,

first of all Happy New Year ;-)

I'm trying to use LAS for displaying data on the Antartica region...while LAS (and Ferret) can plot succesfully the data, the visualization in this case is not "appropriate" as it is stretched and is not a good looking ;-) ....

I wonder if
1) is possible (and How) to modify the little map on the top-left corner and center it on the south pole 2) is it possible (and How) to tell ferret/LAS/??? to plot the data over this circular region?

Many Thanks in advance
Vega Forneris

Vega Forneris

CNR -  Area di Ricerca Roma II - Tor Vergata
via del Fosso del Cavaliere 100 - 00133 Roma

  ***  ***  ***

CNR - Servizi Informatici di Campo (SIC-helpdesk)
Gestione servizi di base / GRID

Tel:   +39 06 4993 4639
Fax:   +39 06 4993 4650

CNR - Istituto Scienza dell'Atmosfera e Clima (ISAC)
Gestione servizi informatici

Tel:   +39 06 4993 4322 <-- NEW

"Non mi sento obbligato a credere che lo stesso Dio che ci ha dotato di sensi, ragione, ed intelletto intendesse che noi ne facessimo a meno."

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

(Galileo Galilei)