Re: [las_users] Dataset Remembers Vector Configuration

John,

I'm glad turning off the cache solved your problem, however you might want try just clearing the cache once (remove all the files from las/server/output) and turning the cache back on. If clearing the cache and leaving the cache turned on in your configuration works your LAS users will get better performance from your server.

Roland

John Schattel wrote:

Cyndy,

Thanks! Setting <use_cache> to false took care of the seemingly anomalous behavior.

John

Cyndy Chandler wrote:

John,

This sounds like a cache problem to me.
I have several test LAS running at my site, and in each of the $LAS_ROOT/server/las.xml configuration files, I have set the the server property 'use_cache' to FALSE. This allows me to test modifications to various server components, because each product returned by LAS is generated again, and not coming from a cached version. You can see that a cache of products would be useful for server performance reasons, but for a testing environment, it can be problematic.

<properties>
<product_server>
<use_cache>false</use_cache>
</product_server>

To specify that the server should not use cached products to respond to requests, but generate new ones each time.

See this document for an explanation
http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/LAS/Documentation/manual/customize.html

Note - You must be using at least LAS v6.2

hope this helps,
Cyndy

John.Schattel@noaa.gov wrote:

Hi All,

I have an LAS running which had one vector defined using the u and v variables (surface current) in a dataset. The dataset I am using also contains variables u_air and v_air (components of the wind). So I added another vector definition to the dataset .xml file. I then changed a custom script that was only plotting u and v so that it would only plot u_air and v_air. Finally I performed a make to rebuild the LAS. The new LAS showed both vector check boxes.

Of the five files (datasets) that you can click on in the LAS, the ones that I had previously clicked on (had seen the u/v vector configuration) would still only produce surface current plots regardless of which of the two available vector check boxes were selected. When I clicked a file that had not been clicked on, I could get the wind vectors to plot. When I changed back to just u and v. The files that had been used to plot u_air and v_air still plotted the wind data.

How is the LAS remembering this configuration information and how do I "reset" the relationship between dataset and the vector operations in the LAS?

In advance, thanks for any light you can shed on this difficult to understand behavior.

John