Safari 1.2 compatible with LAS 6

For Mac users, I'm passing this along from Roy Mendelssohn:

"Today (Monday February 2) Apple released Java 1.4.2 and Safari 1.2 for Panther (10.3) only. To the best that I can tell from testing at several sites, Safari now appears to be completely compatible with LAS version 6 - the Live map etc. etc all appear to work. My guess is that it would also work with LAS version 5 if the option that checks for the specific browser that is accessing the LAS against a set list is turned off. While you can never be certain of the internal workings at Apple, my guess is that John Martellaro and Paul Wiese of Apple Federal had a lot to do with making this happen. If you have any dealings with them or Apple Federal, pass along your appreciation for their efforts."
--

Lynn deWitt
Pacific Fisheries Environmental Lab