should we have an LAS meeting during AMS?

Hi all,

As luck would have it, the 2004 Annual Meeting of the American Meteorological society will be meeting in Seattle next January:  http://www.ametsoc.org/

We've been tossing around the idea of hosting a LAS users meeting for a while now and this seems like the perfect excuse.  At a minimum we'd like to have a couple hour session to meet with LAS users and get your input regarding current and future development priorities.  At the other end of the spectrum, you could come before or stay after the AMS meeting for an extra day for training, coaching, etc. here at PMEL or elsewhere.

If interested parties could respond the the following questions it will help us reach a decision about what to do:

  1. Are you currently planning to attend the 2004 AMS meeting?
  2. Would you attend an afternoon or evening LAS session during the AMS meeting?
  3. Would you attend a Sunday LAS workshop before the AMS meeting?
  4. Would you attend a Friday LAS workshop after the AMS meeting?
  5. Are you an current or prospective LAS installer?
    1. Please send any URLS of LAS sites you have installed
  6. Are you an LAS end user?
  7. What topics would you like to see covered
Hoping to see you in the Rainy City!

-- Jon