Re: HTML Meta Tags in XML

Robin,

LAS v6.x uses servlet based templates for the user interface.  In the
las/server/ui.xml file you can add a title to the UI through use of the
'title' attribute in the 'lasui' tag:

    <lasui title="Your Title Here">

However, other customizations must appear in the Velocity templates used
by Tomcat.

   http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/

The templates that are used by Tomcat are found in

    las/las_servlet/jakarta/webapps/~your_server_name~

These files are copied over from the source directory when you initially
configure LAS

    las/las_servlet/src/

The top level templates are

    DefaultLayout.vm
    DefaultCompareLayout.vm

Taking a look in those you'll see they include a bunch of other
templates with the #parse(...) directive.  You should probably put your
meta tags in a separate file and incorporate them with a #parse(...)
directive.

In LAS v6.2, out in April, you'll be able to specify custom template
headers in a 'categories.xml' file.  Hopefully, your needs will be met
by this LAS v6.2 customizability.

-- Jon