LAS 5.0 installation on Redhat 7.0

Hi,
I'm in the process of Installing Las 5.0 on a Dell running Redhat 7.0
(install was an upgrade from Redhat 6.0, it's not clean). I've installed
all required CPAN perl modules and mysql (using the laborious configure
method and no RPM's) and am now in the "configure -compare stage"
Unfortunately, here is  where I get the message:
[Mon Nov 19 17:55:23 2001] configure.pl: Can't locate object method "new"
via package "URI::URL" at ./configure.pl line 541, <STDIN> line 6.

Does anyone have a suggestion which version if the URI::URL module Las
requires?

Any suggestions appreciated  (with the hope you are not telling me to
start from scratch with a clean install).
Thanks,
Petra

|  Petra Udelhofen                                                          |
|  Institute for Terrestrial and Planetary Atmospheres                      |
|  MSRC/Endeavour Hall                                                      |
|  State University of New York  | e-mail   : petra.udelhofen@sunysb.edu    |
|  Stony Brook, NY 11794-5000    | phone    : (631) 632-8228                |
|  U.S.A.                        | fax      : (631) 632-6251                |