Re: ui for single variable stored in mulitple files (fwd)

Hi, Jon,

I made another attempt, trying to fix the old problem.
BUT it is still there.

I've used las.xml, jpl_have.xml and adjoint.des you sent me
(and they worked on your server). I put them under
http://eyre.jpl.nasa.gov/download/problem/ for you to double check.

I have also updated ferret to 5.33:
[xing@eyre server]$ ferret
        NOAA/PMEL TMAP
        Program FERRET
        Version 5.33 - 06/28/01
        23-Oct-01 12:47
yes?

The problem is the same as I saw before. LAS complains about
the format of *.des file:

yes? go std_initialize "adjoint" "1" "1" "Have"
 **TMAP ERR: Error in namelist record
             Error in: FORMAT_RECORD; or file not descriptor file
             Data set: /home/xing/data_disk/fer_dsets//descr/adjoint.des
set data "adjoint"

The tmp site I put on is
http://eyre.jpl.nasa.gov/try/main.pl

Listed below are env definitions in my lasxml/server/Ferret_config.pl

$ENV{FER_DIR} = ". /usr/local/ferret";
$ENV{FER_DESCR} = ". . /home/xing/data_disk/fer_dsets//descr";
$ENV{FER_DATA} = ". . /home/xing/data_disk/fer_dsets//data
/usr/local/ferret/go /usr/local/ferret/examples
/usr/local/ferret/contrib";
$ENV{FER_GRIDS} = ". . /home/xing/data_disk/fer_dsets//grids";
$ENV{FER_PALETTE} = "jnls . . /usr/local/ferret/ppl";
$ENV{FER_GO} = "jnls . . /usr/local/ferret/go /usr/local/ferret/examples
/usr/local/ferret/contrib";
$ENV{PLOTFONTS} = "/usr/local/ferret/ppl/fonts";
$ENV{FER_EXTERNAL_FUNCTIONS} = ". /usr/local/ferret/ext_func/libs";

Could you tell me how to check *.des file in ferret directly?
Ferret is still greek to me ;-). A simple script that reads
and plots will be very helpful.

Thanks a lot.

Zhangfan