Re: Problem with new install

Hi Steve,

You didn't mention the version of Redhat you are using. LAS has only been tested with 6.x, and my guess is that you have Redhat 7. Other users have reported problems with Redhat 7 that aren't seen in Redhat 6.x.

Also, did the configure script complete successfully?

Steve Cousins wrote:

I have just installed the LAS on a Redhat Linux machine:

        http://rocky.umeoce.maine.edu/las

If you go to this url you will see that on the left hand side there is a
series of Errors like:

The following error message was received from LAS:

-------------------------------------

Can't locate object method "value" via package "LAS::Template::Dataset" at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Template/Stash.pm line 422.

LAS Error

The following error message was received from LAS:

Can't locate object method "docURL" via package "LAS::Template::Dataset"
at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Template/Stash.pm line 422.

LAS Error

etc.

------------------------------------
Has anyone run into this before?  Any suggestions for a fix?

Also, if you click on the Get Data button, a new browser window comes up
as it should and then it says:

------------------------------------

LAS Error

The following error message was received from LAS:

Can't use string ("<?xml version="1.0"?><lasRequest") as a symbol ref
while "strict refs" in use at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i686-linux/XML/Parser/Expat.pm line
426.

------------------------------------

If you then go to that last url it does indeed bring up the data that you
want.  Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Steve

P.S. I had quite a time installing the XML::DOM module (which isn't
listed in the documentation but configure says you need it).  Basically,
the latest version of XML::Parser isn't exactly compatible with XML::DOM.
I ended up installing an earlier version of XML::Parser (version 2.27).
After doing this XML::DOM installed without error.

 Steve Cousins                 Email: cousins@umit.maine.edu
 Research Associate            Phone: (207) 581-4302
 Ocean Modeling Group
 School of Marine Sciences     208 Libby Hall
 University of Maine           Orono, Maine 04469

--
Joe Sirott