RE: arc_ascii.jnl error

Hi,

I made some changes to my copy of the arc_ascii.jnl script which
I thought I should pass on.

1. My netcdf files have west longitudes as positive numbers
   (This is the result of scatter2gridlaplace_xy() requiring
   positive longitudes.  If anyone can tell me how in ferret
   to get the results back onto a negative longitude axis...)
   ArcView wants negative numbers for west longitudes, so I
   inserted some lines to make this so:

! Make sure West long is < 0, change both hi & lo if xlo is > 180
let slon = xcoords[i=`istart`]
IF `slon GT 180` THEN
   let xlo = xcoords[i=`istart`] - 360
   let xhi = xcoords[i=`iend`] - 360
ELSE
   let xlo = xcoords[i=`istart`]
   let xhi = xcoords[i=`iend`]
ENDIF

2. The warning about unequal cell sizes was not printing because
   a 'file' was left out:

! SCRIPT IS ONLY APPLICABLE WHERE X and Y spacings are equal
IF `ABS(xcell_size-ycell_size)/(xcell_size+ycell_size) GT 1E-6` THEN
   list/file/nohead/append/format="('WARNING: cell sizes in X and Y
differ:',2(1PG15.7))" xcell_size, ycell_size
        ^^^^
ENDIF

Maybe these have been taken care of already.  I'm running LAS 3.2.

-Mike

P.S.  My netcdf file with positive west longitudes is available on DODS at
http://dods.shore.mbari.org/cgi-bin/nph-nc/data/MUSEdata/Ships/NewHorizon/To
wfish/233/tow082100a.AVGxyz.nc

--
Mike McCann   (mccann@mbari.org)
Group Leader, Information Applications Group