LINUX on Pentium II

Hi,

I have a problem with Ferret on Pentium II running under Linux RedHat 4.2.
As soon as ferret (V 4.45) tries to plot something (either my own
applications working nicely on Ultras or ferret demos) it dumps a superb
core (18 Megs) with the following message :

Record too long for input buffer
Program terminated by fatal I/O error
Abort (core dumped)

This happens on the two PII we have recently received.
If I display on a remote Xterminal the same thing happens.
The same version of Ferret works perfectly on a P133 with Linux ReadHat
4.0.

This is about all I tried before deciding to write an e-mail !

Is this problem known ? Is there a patch ?

Thank you very much for your help.

	Best regards

		Jan

Jan Polcher                                           TEL: -33-1-44277352
Laboratoire de Météorologie Dynamique du CNRS         FAX: -33-1-44276272
Tour 25, 5eme étage,  BP 99,     4 pl. Jussieu,      75252 PARIS cedex 05
http://www.lmd.jussieu.fr/~polcher/            Jan.Polcher@lmd.jussieu.fr