ASCII to NetCDF

Hello,

I'd appreciate an example of Ferret code for converting
vector field from ASCII to NetCDF format:

e.g., I have global velocity field, u(180,90,33), v(180,90,33)
on 2 degree grid in ASCII format, say, (10F5.1) in one file 'uv.ascii'.
I'd like to read this ascii file in Ferret and than to save it
as NetCDF file 'uv.cdf' so that I could then read it by separate Ferret
routine for visualization and zoom.

Another option is when u,v are stored in two ascii files 'u.ascii',
and 'v.asci' and I'd like to convert them into one or two NetCDF files.

                                 Thank you. Grigory.

________

                  |  PFEG/NMFS/NOAA           |  Ph.  (408) 648-0623
Grigory Monterey  |  1352 Lighthouse Avenue   |  FAX  (408) 648-8440