ferret to .eps

I'm looking for ways to include ferret output in a latex document.

Using 'set mode meta' and gksm2ps/Fprint results in a .ps file
which cannot be resized within the latex document.

The best way round this that I have found is to use the freeware
ImageMagick-display to rotate the plot and resave as .eps format.
This can then be resized within latex.
This, however, results in a loss of quality.

My question: is there a better way to do this?
Can the .plt files be converted directly into .eps files?
Can the .ps output from gksm2ps be edited to rotate it
and make it resizable in latex?

steve

*  Stephen Jewson              	     * e-mail: atmspj@toga1.atm.ox.ac.uk *
*  Dept. of Atmos Physics            *                                   *
*  Parks Road                        * Tel: 44-1865-272320 (temporary)   *
*  Oxford                            *      44-1865-727984 (home)        *
*  OX1 3PU                           * Fax: 44-1865-272923               *

Dept of Commerce / NOAA / OAR / ERL / PMEL / TMAP