Re: [ferret_users] List command lists data from down to up but I want it from up to down

Dear Ansley and Sanaz,

I thought Sanaz may be asking how to change the order of listing in the J direction (meridional direction).

With

lis/format=(${LONPOINTS}(f10.2))

you are listing the values at a single latitude on one text line.  (${LONPOINTS} is a shell syntax, I suppose. See below.). So, in the text file, you get a 2D listing with latitude (J) along the vertical axis and longitude (I) along the horizontal axis.

 I do not understand your use of M and L in the loop
structure you are showing.

I guess that was a pseudo code, just to illustrate the problem, using the shell (bash) syntax:  On bash,

for i in {1..10}; do
   echo $i
done

will print 1 to 10.

Ryo

  If you are using repeat loops, you will need
to use L for time, J for latitude, and I for longitude.  One possibility
might be to use the LIST/PRECISION qualifier instead of using /FORMAT=f10.2)