[ferret_users] issues installing pyferret on MacOS

Folks,

First some constructive feedback. There needs to be a cleaner way to direct users to the pyferret installation instructions.  ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/downloads/ferret-mac-os-x-downloads directs people to https://github.com/NOAA-PMEL/Ferret/releases where there is no current MacOS release, and mention of pyferret only in older releases. Please, pyferret via miniconda needs to be front-and-center as to the suggested way to install ferret, at least on MacOS and probably other platforms.

Second, I have encountered the bug? incompatibility? listed at https://github.com/conda-forge/pyferret-feedstock/issues/94. There is no obvious resolution to this issue, from the perspective of someone who uses conda for the sole purpose of getting at ferret...i.e., I am neither a conda nor a python expert and I don't know how to proceed. Somehow downgrade the python used by conda? Completely at a loss there.

Thanks for any help in advance, sorry for my grumpiness.

-Andy

--
Andy Jacobson
(he-him-his)