Re: [ferret_users] data-adapted centered palette with white always at zero

It's always good to know how to create your own palettes, but also the (linux) command Fpalette is useful for searching color palettes by name,

> Fpalette centered
* * * * * * * * in /home/users/tmap/ferret/rhel6-x86_64-linux/ppl
blue_red_centered.spk:
blue_red_gray_centered.spk:
blue_red_nowhite_centered.spk:
bright_centered.spk:
centered_diff.spk:
centered.spk:
centered_turq_red_purple.spk:
light_centered.spk:
narrow_light_centered.spk:
no_blue_centered.spk:
no_blue_grey_centered.spk:
no_blue_yellow_centered.spk:
no_green_centered.spk:
no_red_centered.spk:
no_white_greenpink_centered.spk:
no_white_light_centered.spk:
red_blue_centered.spk:
red_blue_gray_centered.spk:
red_blue_nowhite_centered.spk:
white_centered.spk:

On 4/2/2020 12:43 AM, Olivier Marti wrote:
I don't th!ink ferret distributes palets with a white band in the middle. You will have to create it yourself.

Here is an exemple :
   0.0   80.0    0.0  100.0
   10.0   30.0   20.0  100.0
   45.0    0.0  100.0    0.0
   45.1  100.0  100.0  100.0
   54.9  100.0  100.0  100.0
   55.0  100.0  100.0    0.0
   60.0  100.0   80.0    0.0
   78.0  100.0    0.0    0.0
   82.0   80.0    0.0    0.0
   92.0   60.0   50.0   50.0
  100.0  100.0   75.0   75.0

You may also want to suppress the 0 level, which something like

SHADE/LEV=(-10,10,1)DEL(0)

I don't know how you can use DEL(0) with LEV=10H

Olivier

Le 2 avr. 2020 à 05:49, Ryo Furue <furue@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Hi Fabio,

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 12:14 AM Fabio B. <xxtraloud@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Useful options to do what I want. Is there any way to set 0 to a
particular color, or to have 0 to be white? Still the lev=10C puts the 0
at the center but I don't understand how 0 values are colored because I
see either val>0 or val<0 on the legend.

That's a nice question.  I have some ideas, but other people may have better ones.  In addition, the email messages are archived and searchable and therefore are a great resource for future users.  So, why don't you post the question to the Ferret mailing list?

Cheers,
Ryo

—
Olivier Marti  - LSCE Bât 714 p. 1049
MERMAID Team
Normal situation :  +33 1 69 08 77 27
Corona lockdown  :  +33 6 45 36 43 74

--
Ansley Manke
Science Data Integration Group

I am currently teleworking and am available Tue-Wed-Thu.