[ferret_users] Nino3.4 estimation

Dear Ferret users,
This question might be silly, but I need a hand on this. Ferret archives already had an answer on this, but I didn't help me much.
I calculated the Nino3.4 area averaged SST anomaly (variable name = nino34 and l=1:372). I want to know which are the El Nino and La Nina years, (Condition is define El Nino and La Nina episodes as exceeding the threshold of ±0.5°C for a minimum of five consecutive overlapping seasons).  Can anyone provide a script with a practical example?

Many thanks in advance

Best regards,
Akash. S (B.Sc-M.Sc.(Int). Climate Change Adaptation)
Young Professional- II
National Innovations on Climate Resilient Agriculture  (NICRA) Project
Demersal Fisheries Division
Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI),
Ernakulam North P.O., Kochi-682 018. Kerala, India
Mob: +91-9497885932