[ferret_users] Number of cells

Dear Ferreters,

I’ve been stuck for a considerable length of time trying to calculate the number of grid cells that contain a desired value, which I could then multiply by some value to gain a volume.

For the values I’m after I’ve created the following mask:

Let X = if x LT x then 1 else 0 !This sets all of the values that are within the range I’m after as ‘1’

Set var/bad = 0 X !To remove the values from my dataset that fall outside of the desired range

Plot X[x=@ngd,y=@ngd,k=@ngd] !Hoping that this plots the total number of grid cells that are not ‘missing’ against time

From this plot I get an unexpected result (a decrease when it should be increasing!!!)... Have been beginning to think that there is an issue with the data.

So I was wondering if there was anything obvious that anyone can see I’m doing incorrectly in the masking? I’m not sure if my ‘plot’ is adding the values correctly – the best I could think to do was for in each axis (lat,lon,depth) to select the ‘good values’ or to ‘sum’ my values...

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Sent from Mail for Windows 10