Re: [ferret_users] converting depth cordinated into density (sigma) cordinate

Thanks for that useful code.

One suggestion. It is helpful to define pi exactly: LET PI=4*atan(1)
Then you can do calculations with the variable PI instead of writing numbers like 57.29578. It help reduce typos.

I have a file "redefine.go" which does this (and other useful numbers). redefine.go is the single line:
let pi=4*atan(1); let deg=111198.6; let twomega=1.458e-4; let beta=2.28e-11

Then if I want to clear out a mess of definitions, I can just
yes? can var/all
yes? go redefine.go   ! restore basic definitions

This stuff can also be scripted to run automatically whenever you start a ferret session.

Billy