Re: [ferret_users] How to plot horizonta/vertical line

Hi,
You can just define some points and draw a line between them using PLOT/VS.  If it's say an XY plot,

yes? let xpts = {10,10}
yes? let ypts = {-90,90}

yes? plot/vs/over/line/thick/color=black/nolab xpts,ypts
When you're overlaying on an existing plot, you can use PPL symbols that get defined with every plot, so if you didn't know what the Y range was, you could have used this definition:
yes? let ypts = {($ppl$ymin), ($ppl$ymax)}
Plots with time axes can be a bit tricky.  There's an FAQ about locating labels on a time-axis plot. The example there also includes drawing some lines on the plot:
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/faq/locating-labels-on-a-time-axis-plot

-Ansley