Re: [ferret_users] ferret: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Ferret looks for shared object you have to create Symbolic Link like this here is example

# Search for object available
[akshay@aix ]$ ldconfig -v | grep libreadline*
    libreadline.so.7 -> libreadline.so.7.0

# Locate where it is
[root@aix ]$ locate libreadline.so.
/lib64/libreadline.so.5
/lib64/libreadline.so.6
/lib64/libreadline.so.7
/lib64/libreadline.so.7.0

# Create Symbolic Link
[root@aix ]$ ln -s /lib64/libreadline.so.6  /usr/lib/libreadline.so.6

You might have higher version of shared object, doesn't matter symbolic link is important

Thank you,

Regards,
Akshay Hegde,
Moderator,