Re: [ferret_users] Ferret users - Polar projection

Hi Livia,

I located the file "polar_grid.dat" it in the ferret folder "examples". I use ferret version 6.7 - the corresponding file is attached.

You may have a problem with your ferret paths. Check out your $FER_DATA variable. For me:

echo $FER_DATA
. /data/soft/ferret/fer_dsets/data /data/soft/ferret/v6.7/go /data/soft/ferret/v6.7/examples /data/soft/ferret/v6.7/contrib

=> <my path to ferret>/examples is included in my ferret data path. Of course your path to ferret may be different from mine. Find out your ferret path by typing

which ferret
/data/soft/ferret/v6.7/bin/ferret

Disclaimer: Since it's not clear to me which ferret version you use, there could be a special case or a bug which I don't know about.

Best wishes,
Hella