Re: [ferret_users] Seasonal_reg regriding questions

Hi Penny,
Coordinate values are at the middle of the grid cell, so

15-Feb runs from 1-Jan to 1-Apr
15-May runs from 1-Apr to 1-Jul
15-Aug runs from 1-Jul to 1-Oct
15-Feb runs from 1-Jan to 31-Dec

The command

yes? show axis/t seasonal_reg

lists the coordinates, the box sizes the date of the lower limit of the axis and the time step, or time coordinate value. The definition of "month" is an ambiguous one, so in order for the grid cells to be evenly spaced, things aren't quite as clean as what I listed above. The axis has four, equally spaced cells, each 1/4 year long.

(Coordinate axes can actually lie anywhere in a grid cell, IF one specifies the edges of the cells as well as the coordinates, with the DEFINE AXIS/EDGES or DEFINE AXIS/BOUNDS qualifier and those edges are then saved in netCDF files. But that's not done on the climatological axes in the Ferret dataset climatological_axes.cdf)