Re: [ferret_users] not complete plot (for time axis)

Hi Antonio,
That would happen if the time coordinates are at the end of each month. What does a listing of the first few timesteps show, something like

   list/L=1:5 t[gt=var]

The FILL command doesn't extrapolate to put any color fill before the first or after the last coordinate in the grid - so if the time axis starts at, say, 28-jan-2005, that's the beginning of the color fill. The code that's making the time axis on the plot, labeled with years and months, is set up to plot whole months, so you'll get that blank, or mostly-blank month at the start.

If the data is intended to be at mid-month, you could regrid the data to another monthly time axis - use the @ASN or @NRST regridding transformation to keep the data values but put them at the right location on the new axis.

You could also try, to see how it looks, an underlay with a SHADE plot. That would color the whole grid cell on the time axis. I am guessing that the color on the shade plot will start in mid-January.

  shade var
  fill/over/nolab var

Or you could limit the plot to start with Feb 1st 2005.

Ansley