Re: [ferret_users] How to save high resolution graphic (Journal Format) in Ferret

Dear Marco and William.

Thanks..
It's gorgeous with thicken_postscript.

== Verena Lili

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM, William S. Kessler <william.s.kessler@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Definitely use Fprint (from the command line after making a metafile within Ferret). Then you will be able to save vector (scaleable) graphics that are much more suitable for publication.

See the documentation for Fprint. It gives instructions on the commands to be given within Ferret while making the plot, and then converting the metafile to postscript .

A typical sequence would be:

Inside Ferret:
set mod meta
... your plot commands ...
ppl clsplt
can mode meta

Outside Ferret after doing the above:
(Find the file metafile.plt)
Fprint -p [portrait or landscape] -l [cps for colored lines or ps for black lines] -o yourfilename.ps metafile.plt
ps2pdf yourfilename.ps => make a pdf file

You might want to thicken the lines. Search the user group archives for "thicken postscript", which will show you several contributed scripts to adjust the postscript line thicknesses after Fprint and before ps2pdf.

Billy K