Re: [ferret_users] Re: Ferret using 100% of CPU on Mac OSX Mountain Lion

I have the same situation with Ferret v6.82 on Mac 10.5.8. CPU usage
goes up to 100% immediately on starting Ferret, before making any
plots (or doing anything). Apparently this is not a problem of recent
Mac versions.

This happens in gif mode also.

Ferret v6.3 is well-behaved on this machine, but v6.72 goes
immediately to 100% CPU.

Billy K

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Ansley Manke <ansley.b.manke@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Fabricio,
> We have not had other reports of this.  I believe that at least handful of
> people are using Ferret on the recent OSX releases.  Does it happen if you
> start Ferret in -gif mode, where you do not open X-windows?
>
> Ansley
>

> On 11/6/2012 9:35 AM, Fabricio S C Oliveira wrote:
>
> Hi Folks,
> Sorry for the cluster but I still have not solved my problems of cpu 100%
> used and heating. Does anyone have the same problema using OSX Mountain
> Lion?
> Thank you,
> Fabricio
>

> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Fabricio S C Oliveira <fsoliveira@xxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm having a problem with Ferret v8.2 installed locally on my Mac (OSX
>> Mountain Lion). I used 2 terminal windows to check the problem; one running
>> TOP and another running FERRET. At the time that I run FERRET the CPU% is
>> 100% all the time and the temperature increasing pretty fast even if no
>> process is running on FERRET. Everything is apparently of with my X because
>> I can plot all. Could anyone tell me how to solve this problem?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Fabricio

William S. Kessler
NOAA / Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory
7600 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle WA 98115 USA

william.s.kessler@xxxxxxxx

==>> Temporary e-mail until 1 August 2012:
william.kessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tel: 206-526-6221
Fax: 206-526-6744
Web: http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/people/kessler