Re: [ferret_users] Re: Variance in 2D Map

Hi,
I'm glad to hear you figured out how to do your variance calculation.  Did you use a nice simple _expression_ like var[t=@var]?

For example,
yes? use monthly_navy_winds
yes? let var_uwnd = uwnd[t=1-jan-1985:1-jan-1990@var]

yes? shade var_uwnd [x=150:300,y=0:30]
will be the variance over the given time range at each location on the XY grid.

The error message is telling you that the variable nm1 is not a single number, but a variable on a grid or axis with an extent that's more than one coordinate.