[ferret_users] calculations while masking/only for certain land covers

Hi all,

I am trying to take averages from a netcdf file for only a certain land cove type.  For example, I'd like to take a netcdf that has land cover and temperature fields in it and find the average temperature for all the grid-cells that are desert.  I was trying to use the IF statement but was having issues with that.  Does anyone know how I can do this? Thanks in advance!

Marc