Re: [ferret_users] Ferret Question: Fill in combination with conset

Hi,
Volker and I exchanged a bit more information and looked into this some more.  The FILL command does not make use of the CONSET settings to change the contouring of the variable when making color-filled contours. For the default settings, the color FILL matches the CONTOUR lines, but I do not see a way to match the contours you get with PPL CONSET on a filled color plot.  You can get some smoothing in to the contours by regridding the data to a finer grid.

We are talking about adding options to the CONTOUR command to let you draw a contour plot and color the lines with a color palette.  That would not be the same thing of course but would let us draw these smoother contours and at the same time make use of color on the plot.

Ansley