[ferret_users] Question on plotting ascii and netcdf information [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Dear ferret users,

Please advice how I can solve the following problem in ferret...

I have a netcdf data containing daily averaged relative vorticity (say for January 2000).

I also have an ascii file containing the following information:
Lat Long Clump_number Time
20.5 120.5 1 20000105
30.5 180 2 20000108
8.6 170 3 20000111
9.4 126 4 20000114
25.6 75 5 20000117
. . . .
. . . .
. . .

I can generate maps of relative vorticity for each day from the netcdf file but cannot plot the clump number in the corresponding relative vorticity map at the respective latitude-longitude position as given in the ascii file. I can do it manually though using "label" command one at a time.

Can anyone please advice how I can automate it as I will be dealing with a large number of files.

Your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
Savin