Re: [ferret_users] Problem in concatenating multiple data

Hi,
What you have done looks correct, but it will work only if there is a time axis within each file that identifies the time step that the file represents. Often when there is just one time step per file, the files themselves don't have time information in them.

When you open a file,

yes? use  3B42_daily.1998.01.01.7.nc

the SHOW DATA and SHOW GRID commands will indicate what grids the variables are on.  In the Documentation about the SAVE command, http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/commands-reference/SAVE, there is a discussion about adding time information to the grid of a variable. Look for the word "Timestamp" to find that information.

Ansley