[ferret_users] picking up average value along track

Hi all,
 Is there any method to pick up an average value along a described track. Suppose I am having a gridded temperature data (.25°x.25°) over Indian Ocean, then if I draw a line arbitrarily. For picking up the data along the track in ferret there is an option samplexy command. Suppose if I want to pick up the average data in the search radius of the grid resolution (above, below, left, right sides of values to be averaged), is there any option in ferret?

Thanks in advance.

--
With Best regards,
G.NageswaraRao,