[ferret_users] Pyferret installation problem

Hi,

I tried to install pyferret (executable) on my laptop (running Ubuntu 12.04), but when I try run it I get:

WARNING: Unable to import cdms2 and/or cdtime;
             the Python functions pyferret.get and pyferret.put are not available
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in<module>
  File "/home/aleksi/Ferret/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pyferret/__init__.py", line 54, in<module>
    from libpyferret import *
ImportError: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4: symbol SSL_CTX_set_srp_password, version OPENSSL_1.0.1 not defined in file libssl.so.1.0.0 with link time reference

The first two lines are expected but then there is something else...

Thanks for any help/ideas!

-Aleksi Nummelin-

-Researcher, Finnish Meteorological Insitute-