Re: [ferret_users] using /limits and modulo longitude axis, ferret 6.7.2

Hi
/HLIM and /VLIM are different from other qualifiers, in that they make a setting that apply only to the plot axes that are drawn; they don't set the context of the variable that you're plotting. To set the context, either use /X= /Y= or put the region on the variable itself with square brackets, as in rose[x=-20:40,y=30:70]. SET REGION would also work, but it tends to overdo things, as you say; applying that context globally to all the variables. A simple solution would be to start with this:

use etopo20
shade /x=-20:40 /hlim=-20:40 /vlim=30:70 /pal=green if (rose gt 0) then 1

Thanks for the note about "shade /hlim=20w:40e".  That does look like a bug.

Ansley