[ferret_users] missing point at sigma coordinate transformation

Dear Ferret Users,

Currently I'm applying sigma_coordinate transformation by following the guidelines from sigma_coordinate_demo and sigma_coordinate_weq_demo.
I wonder how the treatment for the missing point at surface and bottom layer since the depth is thick enough.
In my case, number of sigma-layer is only 4, and it make the missing point at top/bottom layer is thick enough after the transformation, especially when the bathymetry is quite deep.
I would be glad to get any tips to face this case.
Thank you in advance.

Best wishes,

dessy