Re: [ferret_users] To create more than four plots in a single window.

Hi,
There's a script in the Ferret distribution which was contributed several years ago by longtime Ferret user Jaison Kurian, multi_view.jnl.  It lets you set up many viewports, and control the margins around them.  For a demo, try
yes? go multi_view_demo
and read the text in your unix window as the script runs.  It ends by showing how to use "multi_view" to define 60 viewports.  Watch what's doen with

By the way, to find scripts that you might not know about, try the "Fgo" command. From the Unix command line, try, for instance, these commands to find all the demo scripts,  or all the scripts that have "view" in their name
> Fgo demo
> Fgo view
There's also a family of older scripts,  portrait* and landscape* which define sets of viewports on a tall page or wide page.  To see what they are, and how they are called:

> Fgo portrait
> ferret

yes? go/help portraitNxN
-Ansley

On 5/14/2012 11:06 PM, Olivier Marti wrote:
Define your own viewports : http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/commands-reference/DEFINE#_VPINDEXENTRY_1361

Regards,

Olivier

Le 15 mai 2012 à 07:33, Sudev Das M P a écrit :

Hai,

By using "set viewport ur, set viewport ul, set viewport lr, set viewport ll" we can make four plots in a single window in ferret.

I like to know how to create more than 4 plots in a single window in ferret, for example I want to create 12 plots in a

single window. Hope to get some help.

regards,
sudev