Re: [ferret_users] New atlas of temperature and salinity for the North Indian Ocean

Dear Dr. Sudheer,

>Why is the monthly data limited to 1500 m I was thinking we can replace the WOA which we use now as this will be better in Indian Ocean for >model.

Data sparsity does not allow to create a sensible climatological representation in deeper depths for monthly scale. So, as WOA, we chopped the monthly climatology at 1500 m. However, for model initialization, restoration or validation you can append seasonal climatological values below 1500 m depth to get values for full water column.

Thank you

Regards,

Abhisek Chatterjee